Your personal integrity is important to us. We want you to feel comfortable that we handle your personal information in a responsible manner, regardless of the purpose for your contact with us. The Finnish Dutch Chamber of Commerce only processes personal data for the purpose of the legitimate interests of The Finnish Dutch Chamber of Commerce or consent given by the data subject.
What data do we collect?
FDCC collects the following data:
- Personal identification information(name, email address, address, phone number)
- Payment information
- Information you provide when contacting us
- Photo, video and sound
- Information collected through cookies and similar technologies
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide FDCC most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register as a member
- Register to an event we or our partners co-organize
- Attend an event we or our partners co-organize
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback about FDCC
- Use or view our website via your browsers cookies
- Attend any of our events, seminars, training sessions, meetings or similar, we may record or photograph the event and participants. This means that you as a participant may be present in audio and video recordings or photographs.
FDCC may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Your employer who is a member of FDCC
- Other Chamber of Commerce co-hosting an event
- Other close partners
How do we use your data?
We may use the information we collect for purposes including:
- Providing and improving our products and services
- Communicating with you about our products, services, and events
- Personalizing your experience
- Processing transactions
- Analysing and improving our marketing efforts
- Complying with legal obligations
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With service providers and partners who assist us in delivering our products and services or co-host an event
- To comply with legal requirements or protect our rights
- With your consent or at your direction
FDCC and our suppliers and partners generally handle your personal information within the EU / EEA. In cases where personal data are processed outside the EU / EEA, we ensure that our suppliers and partners respect the same level of security and protection as applied in the EU / EEA.
How do we store your data?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Your data is stored by FDCC for the time necessary for the purposes specified above. It may be stored as long as it is necessary to be able to perform what we promised you under our agreements or due to other commitments. It may also be stored as long as required by law or government order. FDCC takes reasonable steps to keep the personal data being processed up to date and to delete inaccurate and otherwise incorrect or redundant personal data. We continuously implement procedures to avoid retaining unnecessary information about you and strive to minimize data storage duration to the fullest extent possible.
FDCC would like to send you information about products, services and events or ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partners.
- Our company members
- Other Nordic Chamber of Commerces
- Embassy of Finland, The Hague
- Foundation Finland 100 in NL
- Vereniging Nederland-Finland
If you have agreed to receive marketing you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop FDCC from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the FDCC network.
What are your data protection rights?
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete your information. You may also have the right to object to or restrict certain processing activities. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request FDCC for copies of your personal data. We might charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that FDCC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request FDCC to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that FDCC restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to FDCC processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that FDCC transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise and of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
What are cookies?
When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies and similar technologies. You can manage your cookie preferences through your browser settings.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that automatically clear when you close your web browser or power off your device.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies persist on your device until manually deleted or until they expire.
- First-party cookies: These originate directly from the website you’re visiting, enhancing site functionality and user experience.
- Third-party cookies: Originating from a different website, primarily used for analysis, these cookies help us gather insights to improve our services.
- Similar technologies: These encompass various tools that store information in your web browser similar to cookies, supporting functionality and data storage while you engage with our platform.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and you can find information on The Internet how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us?
Finnish Dutch Chamber of Commerce
3014 EG Rotterdam
Chamber of Commerce in Rotterdam No. 24454504
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that FDCC has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: +31 88 1805250
Address: Hoge Nieuwstraat 8, 2514 EL The Hague